Using ResMap with your Web Browser
Video Tutorial: [ 3MB | 1:28min ] Tutorial will open in a new window.
You can access ResMap imagery from your web browser through this web site by following these instructions:
- Click on the Imagery tab to the left.
- Use the Zoom In and Out, and Arrow icons to browse to the section of the globe you are interested in finding images of. You can also click on and drag the image to move to a specific spot.
- Once your desired area is framed in the viewer, select the Imagery Type(s). You can select more than one at a time by holding down the CTRL button while selecting. The types are as follows (click for descriptions, which will open in a new window):
- Enter the Path and Row if you have that information.
- Choose the From and To dates from the drop down lists.
- Click the Find Maps for This Area button.
- If your search yields any results, they will appear in the next page as a list including thumbnail, Description & Bands, Image Information, and Price. Click on the image that best suits your needs.
- Your selected image should appear in the window.
- The first time you try to view an image, your web browser may ask you if you want to install the "NCS" component. Say yes, and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- You can use the tools to the left to view the image (as pictured at right). They are as follows:
- Zoom In/Out
- Zoom Box
- Select Band
- If you want to purchase the image, click the Add to Cart button.
If you don't have the latest version of Internet Explorer download it here and install.
ResMap requires this add-on to be used in FireFox.
If you don't have the latest version of FireFox download it here and install.
If you don't have the latest version of Netscape Navigator download it here and install.