Adobe Photoshop ECW v2.0 Read and Write Plug-in
The Adobe Photoshop plug-in allows you to integrate ECW compressed imagery from a local source. This plug-in allows not only reading of ECW files, but writing ECW files from within Photoshop.
If you don't already have the plug-in installed on your computer, download it from the ER Mapper Web site and install.
Using ECW Images with Photoshop
- Open PhotoShop 5.0 or greater.
- Open an image by choosing File->Open and browsing to the image location. The next screen will ask what zoom ratio you would like to view the image at. Choose a zoom ratio from the pull-down menu.
- Use the Photoshop tools to manipulate the image as desired.
- To save an image as an ECW compressed file, select File->Save As and select ECW image as the output file type. Next, select the output file location by browsing to the desired directory.
- You will now be asked to select the appropriate compression ratio for the image.
- To monitor the progress of the compression, take note of the progress bar found at the bottom of the Photoshop window.